Recipe: Cod and Tomato Soup 6th of April 2017
Ingredients (4 servings):
600 g skinless cod fillets
2 cloves of garlic
4 spring onions
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp tomato paste
6 dl fish stock
0,25 tsp turmeric
2 dl whipping cream
1,5 dl canned tomatoes
salt and pepper
- Cut the cod into pieces about 3 cm big.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic, and slice the spring onion.
- Fry the onion in butter until it's soft and add garlic, spring onion, tomato paste and fish stock.
- Let the mixture boil for 5 minutes. Sprinkle turmeric and mix well.
- Add the whipping cream and canned tomatoes, and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pieces of cod, and wait until the fish is cooked. (About 4 minutes)
- Taste with salt and pepper.
Tip: Serve with bread and fresh herbs.
Picture and recipe from Norges Sjømatråd.