Recipe: Cod & tomato tray bake 22nd of February 2017
This easy cod recipe takes only 30 minutes to prepare, and can be served with rice, potatoes or pasta.
Ingredients (4 servings):
800 g boneless cod filet
1 tsp salt
2 cloves of garlic
0,25 chili pepper
2 tbs olive oil
400 grams of canned tomatoes
Serve with: Rice, potatoes or pasta!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the cod filet in pieces and add salt.
- Chop onions, garlic and paprika in small pieces. The chili pepper should be finely chopped.
- Fry garlic and onions in oil until translucent.
- Add paprika, chili pepper, tomatoes and basil and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Taste with salt, and poor onto a ovenproof dish. Add the fish into the sauce and press some lemon juice on top.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes.
Picture and recipe: Norges Sjømatråd